Program Status: OPEN
Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time, December 31, 2017
Notice of Funding Availability | Posted: March 14, 2016
What does this program do?
The program works with qualified private-sector lenders to provide financing to qualified borrowers to increase the supply of affordable rental housing for low- and moderate-income individuals and families in eligible rural areas and towns.
Who may apply for this program?
Private lenders may apply for a loan guarantee on loans made to eligible borrowers who are building or preserving affordable rural rental housing.
Eligible lenders are automatically eligible if approved and active in one of the following programs:
- Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Ginnie Mae
- Federal Home Loan Bank members
- State or local housing finance agencies
Eligible borrowers include:
- Most state and local governmental entities
- Nonprofit organizations
- For-profit organizations, including LLC's
Additional requirements include:
- Rent for individual units is capped at 30% of 115% area median income
- Average rent for an entire project (including tenant paid utilities) cannot exceed 30% of 100% of area medium income, adjusted for family size.
- Complexes must consist of at least five units
- Complexes may contain units that are detached, semi-detached, row houses or multi-family structures
What is an eligible area?
Areas that may be served include:
How may funds be used?
Construction, improvement and purchase of multi-family rental housing for low to moderate income families and individuals is the primary objective for this program. Funding may also be available for:
- Buying and improving land
- Providing necessary infrastructure
What are the terms of a loan guarantee?
- The Agency offers guarantees of up to 90% of the loan amount
- For-profit entities may borrow up to 90% and non-profit entities may borrow up to 97% of the total development cost or appraised value, whichever is less
- Minimum term of 25 years and maximum term of 40 years
- Interest rate negotiated between the lender and the borrower is fixed for the life of the loan guarantee
Who will service the loan?
Loans guaranteed through this program are serviced through the private lender that makes the loan, just as they would be without a guarantee.
Who may live in the rental housing?
Low- to moderate- income families or individuals
Is there a list of qualified private lenders in my area?
Contact your Rural Development office for a current list of lenders participating in the program.
How do we get started?
Applications for this program are accepted on an annual basis. A Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) is posted in the Federal Register
Who can answer questions?
Contact your State Rural Development office or you can find Rural Rental Properties here to apply as a tenant.
What governs this program?
NOTE: Because citations and other information may be subject to change please always consult the program instructions listed in the section above titled "What Law Governs this Program?" You may also contact your local office for assistance.
Low to moderate income: At initial occupancy, tenants' income cannot exceed 115% of the area median income adjusted for family size.
3 Pcs Plastic Fish Float Floating Toy Baby Bath Tub Water Sensor Thermometer
Baby Product (coffled)
TROND 5-Port 8A/40W USB Wall Charger / Desktop USB Charging Hub, for Apple iPhone iPad, Samsung Galaxy, HTC Nexus Moto Blackberry, Bluetooth Speaker Headset & Power Bank
Premium Whiskey Stones by Amerigo - Water Down Your Whiskey? Never Again ! Set of 9 Chilling Whiskey Rocks - Packaged in an Exclusive Wooden Gift Set - Ice Cubes - Drinking Rocks - Free Velvet Pouch
USB Charger, TROND G6 (12A/60W, 6-Port) Desktop USB Charging Station Hub Multi-Port USB Wall Charger, for iPhone 6s / 6 / 6 Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S6 / Edge / Plus, Note 5 and More (Black)
Bushnell AR Optics 1x MP Illuminated Red/Green T-Dot Reticle Riflescope, 1x32mm
Sports (Bushnell Tactical)